Key Account Manager “Scale Inhibitor Chemicals” (m/w)
Become part of an international, established team in one of the world’s leading companies in Water Treatment Business.
Toray Membrane Europe AG (TMEU) – headquartered on the outskirts of Basel (Switzerland) near the German-Swiss border, is the distribution arm of Toray Industries, Japan covering sales of Toray’s waterrelated membrane products in numerous countries from Vladivostok to the Azores and from Cape Town to Iceland.
To support the world-wide, successful application of Reverse Osmosis process technology for water purification in all fields, TMEU produces and provides membrane support chemicals – antiscalants, under the ROPUR brand to a rapidly growing international customer base.
The ongoing expansion of TMEU’s global sales network – using TORAY Industries’ international resources, allows TMEU to create a new position. The Technical Key Account Manager Antiscalants manages the expansion in close collaboration with the Product Manager Chemicals and the global sales teams.
- Support the product manager for the product group (chemicals)
- Support of the globally established sales teams in Middle East, Asia, Australia, America in selling our chemical products to existing and new large membrane systems; support in setting up and managing resale and supply chains in the different regions
- On-line and On-site product sale and application support in close cooperation with the Global Toray sales team on each continent
- Communication with the technical departments of Toray Industries in the field of membrane products
- Presentation of training courses, participation in international trade fairs and conferences
What we expect
- Strong, focused communication, including in intercultural discourse; ability to listen
- Ability to manage a multi-cultural environment, listen various opinions and display a focused communication
- Willingness and ability to learn in-depth water treatment technology and specialize in water chemistry.
- Multilingualism – German, very good technical English, preferably another major European language
- Fluency with common electronic communication tools like MS package and ability to learn proprietary software on the job is a basic requirement
- Willingness to long distance travel in post Covid-19 times (up to > 40 % of working hours), enjoy teamwork and networking
What we want
- An academic master’s degree in the field of Chemistry / Biochemistry / Process Engineering (Water)
- Experience in structured project management
- Initiative, motivation and creativity
- Patience and perseverance even for longer projects
What we offer
- TMEU AG – established 1983, provides a long-term professional perspective in a friendly, respectful, and stable working environment, working in a very future bound sector of the worlds’ economy
- Excellent working atmosphere in a small team of internationally recognized experts in an essential technology
- Basel area is a very attractive, international working location in the border triangle of Germany / France / Switzerland
- Good company pension scheme in the Swiss social security system
- Appropriate starting salary in an attractive tax environment; salary adjustment negotiable after the first year
- Flexibility in working time models. The company is family-friendly
- Promotion of professional development through further education, conferences, and training
Please send your resume plus a brief email describing, your relevant experience, and reasons for your
interest. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Toray Membrane Europe AG, Grabenackerstrasse 8b, 4142 Muenchenstein/Basel – Switzerland